We believe that boarding provides tremendous benefits to families. The breadth of opportunities, with the time and space to enjoy them, is a great advantage with staff on hand to provide supervision and encouragement, and friends to add that extra dimension of fun. Whether Lego, leadership or trumpet practice, children get to live together and learn from each other in a relaxed family atmosphere. Visitors of a certain age often remark on how unrecognisable boarding is now from a generation ago, from scratchy blankets to cosy duvets, from eat-what-you-are-given to healthy choices. The level of comfort, personal care and accessibility to home combine to make boarding a veritable home from home.
Beeston at its best – full boarding with a huge array of weekend activities.
Boarding for children who need to be at home for a day over the weekend.
Building towards boarding: set nights to progress towards the real thing.
TRY BOARDING WEEKENDS
Try Boarding Weekends are our special, fun-packed themed weekends open to ALL Beestonians to experience the full ‘Beeston Difference’.
It’s such a homely environment that you become really close to your boarding friends. I have made friends for life at Beeston.
Anna, now 22
There is a careful balance between the children choosing their downtime, independently, to play and relax, and well-planned activities to stimulate and have a go at something new. Designed to ensure every child finds an activity to capture their imagination, our weekend programme is a highly-prized element of the Beeston boarding experience.
Making full use of our beautiful location and talented staff, activities range from the Beeston’s Got Talent Weekend to the Big Picture Picasso Weekend; Nerf Wars to stop-frame animation; jewellery-making to rock-pooling. The freedom of Beeston Weekends gives children the space and time to grow and really discover who they are.
Boarding at Beeston aims to:
- Provide a safe and secure environment within which children can thrive and grow, whilst celebrating individuality
- Create and maintain an environment whereby children learn to live with a sense of community whilst building bridges of understanding between differences
- Give new experiences, full of valuable and diverse opportunities, so that all individuals come out striving to make a positive contribution to wider society
- Provide stability and consistency for children living away from their families
- Consistently strive for a homely atmosphere, where children are listened to, respected and valued as part of a wider community within school